These phone numbers will connect you directly with an appointment coordinator in the Referring Provider Scheduling Office at the respective Mayo Clinic campus.
Patient appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time at each campus. Consultations with Mayo physicians are also available during these hours.
For fax requests, download a referral form. Fill it out on your computer, then print and fax it to the appropriate campus. You'll receive a response to your fax request within one to three days.
Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona
- Phone: 866-629-6362 (toll-free)
- Fax: 480-301-4071
- From outside the U.S.:
480-301-6539 (phone) or 480-301-4071 (fax)
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
- Phone: 800-634-1417 (toll-free)
- Fax: 904-953-0575
- From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000 (phone) or 904-953-7329 (fax)
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Phone: 800-533-1564 (toll-free)
- Fax: 800-321-1368 (toll-free)
- From outside the U.S.: 507-538-1515 (phone) or 507-538-7802 (fax)
We have a secure online referral service to help you refer patients to Mayo Clinic and view clinical results on your patients, including:
- Clinical notes
- Discharge notes
- Patient itinerary
- Radiology and pathology reports
- Test results
- Surgical summaries
- Visit summaries
Requesting a Referral
We will need this information to schedule an appointment:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Mayo Clinic registration number, if a previous patient
- Type of insurance (such as HMO, workers' compensation, medical assistance)
- Nature of medical issue
We also need to know:
- Your referring physician National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Services you would like Mayo to provide
Patients with urgent medical or surgical needs are given priority in the appointment system. Appointments for non-urgent medical issues are scheduled several days to several weeks in advance. In general, pediatric services are offered only at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota.
Once your patient has been seen at Mayo Clinic you will receive the following:
- Medical records and Summary reports
- You will receive your patient's Mayo medical records in a timely manner once he or she is seen. Users of our referring provider portal have immediate access to their patient's records and will not receive mailed or faxed reports. Our physicians will provide a summary of diagnostic reports and treatments to you as soon as it becomes available. Mayo encourages referring physicians to register for a portal account. Records will be sent via mail or fax for those providers who do not use the portal.
Download a referral form
Patient appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time at each campus, and consultations with Mayo physicians also are available during these hours.
Midwest Admission and Transfer Center
Physicians direct admission/transfer requests to Rochester and Mankato, Minnesota and La Crosse and Eau Claire, Wisconsin